1. Pollack LA, Srinivasan A. Core elements of hospital antibiotic stewardship programs from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Clin Infect Dis.
2014;59(suppl 3):S97-S100. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciu542.
2. Dellit TH, Owens RC, McGowan JE, et al; Infectious Diseases Society of America; Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. Infectious Diseases Society of American and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of American Guidelines for developing an institutional program to enhance antimicrobial stewardship. Clin Infect Dis.
3. Barlam TF, Cosgrove SE, Abbo LM, et al. Implementing an antibiotic stewardship program: guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. Clin Infect Dis.
2016;62(10):e51-377. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciw118.
4. President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. Report to the President on combating antibiotic resistance. The White House website. www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/PCAST/pcast_carb_report_sept2014.pdf. Published September 18, 2014. Accessed October 4, 2016.
5. National action plan for combating antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The White House website. www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/national_action_plan_for_combating_antibotic-resistant_bacteria.pdf. Published March 1, 2015. Accessed October 4, 2016.
6. Approved: new antimicrobial stewardship standard. The Joint Commission website. www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/New_Antimicrobial_Stewardship_Standard.pdf. Published July 2016. Accessed October 4, 2016.
7. Pollack LA, van Santen KL, Weiner LM, Dudeck MA, Edwards JR, Srinivasan A. Antibiotic stewardship programs in U.S. acute care hospitals: findings from the 2014 national healthcare safety network annual hospital survey. Clin Infect Dis.
2016;63(4):443-449. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciw323.
8. James R, Luu S, Avent M, Marshall C, Thursky K, Kirsty Buising. A mixed methods study of the barriers and enablers in implementing antimicrobial stewardship programmes in Australian regional and rural hospitals. J Antimicrob Chemother.
2015;70(9):2665-2670. doi: 10.1093/jac/dkv159.
9. Yam P, Fales D, Jemison J, Gillum M, Bernstein M. Implementation of an antimicrobial stewardship program in a rural hospital. Am J Health Syst Pharm.
2012;69(13):1142-1148. doi: 10.2146/ajhp110512.
10. Wood ZH, Nicolsen NC, Allen N, Cook PP. Remote antimicrobial stewardship in community hospitals. Antibiotics (Basel).
2015;4(4):605-616. doi: 10.3390/antibiotics4040605.
11. Infectious disease specialist access pilot project. Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association website. www.ashnha.com/antimicrobial-stewardship/idsapp/. Accessed October 4, 2016.