Read and watch the infectious disease trial data shared this week.
1. Binge Drinking Increases the Risk of COVID-19 Infection
Young women who binge drink, and especially those who use multiple substances, had a higher risk of COVID-19 infection and mental health complications.
2. Identifying HABP/VABP Priorities
ICU specialist, Christian Sandrock, MD, MPH, FCCP, talks about his criteria and the treatment protocols for these challenging hospital-acquired bacterial pneumonia (HABP) and ventilator-acquired bacterial pneumonia (VABP) cases.
3. Opinions of Oral Versus Injectable HIV PrEP in a Racially Diverse Cohort
Concerns of injectable HIV PrEP safety and efficacy demonstrate a need for health care providers to share reliable information with at-risk populations.
4. Moderna Omicron-Targeting Booster Candidates Demonstrate Superiority Over its Spikevax Booster
Safety profile in this study showed the frequency of adverse reactions with these boosters were similar or lower than that of either a second or third dose of the original vaccine.
5. Promising Phase 3 Data Suggest Efficacy of Ibrexafungerp for Vaginal Yeast Infection
Dr. Tosin Goje explains the promise of ibrexafungerp for clearing yeast infection and improving quality of life for these patients.